The brain is a complex and fascinating structure, and everything that is psychology is rooted in the brain, which controls the body. After all, as your webtext states, “To think, feel, or act without a body would be like running without legs” (Myers, 2017, p. 2.1).
Given that everything we do, how we think, feel, and experience life, is related to an underlying biological process that occurs in our brain and nervous system, choose a behavior (driving, watching TV, studying, skydiving, painting, riding a bike, arguing, laughing, etc.) and identify the brain structure or structures involved in participating in that behavior. Discuss why you believe the chosen brain structure(s) are involved in the behavior.
· Discussion posts are due by Monday at 9am. Late posts are not accepted.
· To earn full credit, you must respond in an initial post of at least 200 words, AND you must reply to another student’s post with a response that adds new information to the discussion.
BUS310 WEEK 2 DISCUSSION QUESTION & ASSIGNMENT
Based on your experience and Chapter 2 in your textbook, select the compliance issue that you believe is the most challenging for an average HR department. Provide a rationale with your response. Then, respond to at least one (1) of your classmates who choose a different challenge and try and persuade them to your way of thinking.
Bottom of Form
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Course Info section. Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: HR Management
Due Week 2 and worth 125 points
Imagine you are the HR manager at a company, and a female employee came to you upset because she felt a male coworker was creating a hostile work environment by repeatedly asking her out on dates even after she said “no”. What would you do?
Write a one (1) page paper in which you:
1. Formulate the conversation you would have with the employee, based the concepts found in Chapter 2 in your textbook.
2. Summarize the conversation you would have with the employee’s male co-worker, based on the concepts found in Chapter 2 of your textbook.
3. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
b. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Explain the human resource management process, its role in supporting the overall organizational strategies, and the various functions involved in human resource management.
· Explain the key provisions of major government legislation affecting human resource management, including equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, health and safety, and labor relations.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.
· Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics.
Click to view the grading rubric for this assignment.