Want create site? With you can do it easy.
Assignment: Theory Overview Discussion
Assignment: Theory Overview Discussion
Signature Assignment Description/Directions:
This week, you will develop a PowerPoint presentation reviewing the theories from each module. Please select one theory from each module (1-8) and answer the following questions. You should have two slides per theory:
- Describe the theory
- Provide 3 examples of how the theory applies to current practice
- Provide 3 positive patient outcomes resulting from utilizing the theory
- Explain 3 benefits to nursing satisfaction when utilizing the theory
- Describe two barriers to using the theory in practice and at least one method for overcoming each barrier (support methods with sources)
- Support from literature clearly noted throughout
The PowerPoint presentation should include at least two outside references and the textbook. The presentation should contain 2 to 4 slides per theory, for a total of 16 to 32 slides.
eory is a concept that describes how a certain component of human behavior or performance is organized.
As a result, we are able to forecast that behavior.
Concepts (preferably clearly defined) and principles are the components of theory.
A notion is a symbolic representation of a real-world object, such as a tree, chair, table, computer, or distance.
Democracy, learning, freedom, and other concepts with no physical equivalent are referred to as constructs.
Conceptualization is made possible via language.
The relationship between two or more concepts or constructs is expressed by a principle.
Theoretical principles are derived by examining/questioning how things/concepts are related during the theory creation process.
Concepts and principles have two main purposes:
1) They assist us in comprehending or explaining what is occurring around us.
2) They assist us in forecasting future events (Can be causal or correlational)
That is what theory is: a synthesis and summation of what is known in a field.
It is the distillation of our knowledge down to its most fundamental concepts, presented in a way that reveals their underlying patterns and connections.
,,,,,,,,,, (Moore, 1991:2)
A theory is a set of connected concepts and principles regarding a phenomenon with the goal of explaining or predicting the phenomenon.
What is the significance of theory?
1. Theory gives us concepts to label what we see and to explain how notions relate to one another.
Theory enables us to understand what we perceive and determine how to effect change.
Theory is a tool that allows us to recognize an issue and devise a strategy for resolving it.
2. Theory is used to justify reimbursement in order to obtain money and support; it is necessary to explain what is being done and demonstrate that it is effective.
3. Theory is to help the professional sector expand by identifying a body of knowledge that includes theories from both within and beyond the field of distant learning.
With theory and investigation, that corpus of knowledge expands.
The research is guided by theory.
The idea also helps us grasp what we don’t know, thus it’s the only way to conduct study.
It improves its ability to solve additional problems in different times and places, according to hypothesis.
,,,,,,,,,, (Moore, 1991: 2)
As new knowledge is uncovered through research, theory is constantly changed.
Any new science goes through three rounds of theoretical development.
1) Speculative – tries to explain what’s going on.
2) Descriptive – collects descriptive data in order to describe what is actually going on.
3) Constructive – based on ongoing study, revises previous hypotheses and develops new ones.
The process of developing theories
1) Theory-practice-theory takes existing educational theory and applies it to online learning while also developing new theory.
2) Practice-research-theory: observe what is going on in distant learning, subject to research, and construct theory based on the findings.
3) Theory-theory-research/practice establish a second theory based on the first, then apply and test it.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new and apps.